There are great number of uses for plastic cards.
The quality and durability of plastic cards means they are used in lots of situations. They are visual like most business cards, but they can also interact with machines.
It's easy to see why many businesses prefer to print on plastic, because of the huge range of potential uses.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- This keeps outdated cards out of the trash. And if they do need to be thrown out, bio-degradable plastics allow these cards to decompose in a matter of years.
- New cards can be made from recycled plastic too, further reducing the environmental footprint.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
Fill out the form below to obtain more information and great pricing on custom plastic cards. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Plastic card printers can vary greatly in quality. It's important to know what you're looking for to get the quality of cards that you need.
We offer the best value in plastic card printing that you'll find anywhere. Plastic Card ID offers: Take advantage of outstanding service from our reliable ID experts.
The widest range of printer brands and options.
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Save money on printers and supplies with our affordable prices. Support from experts before, during, and after your purchase.
Top 5 Factors You Should Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Please don’t make shopping for an ID card printer any more overwhelming than it needs to be, just simply focus on the top five key issues to reduce your search. 1) Single or Dual-Sided Printer
Most printer brands make single-sided and double-sided printers.
Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. If you have a lot of two-sided cards to print, a dual-sided printer is a worthwhile investment. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dry sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of ID card printer.
These cards print in vibrant color directly to the card, but will leave a very thin white border around each card edge. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) use a ribbon and transfer film and give a higher quality results that doesn’t leave a border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies printing larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies that print small amounts can appease their budget by buying a handfed only printer or a printer without high volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards increases durability and cost of ID cards. But it is necessary for cards that are handled regularly or swiped through a machine or reader.
Lamination also allows you to add holograms to your cards for greater security.
There are also less expensive ways to make a more secure card such as holographic card stock, holographic stickers, watermarks, and similar visual security features. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to a PC using a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, ensure the printer you select has Mac compatibility. You can also connect to a network to print using multiple computers, but be sure to select a printer with an Ethernet connection. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is another name for plastic, and while it sounds like the pipes used in construction, PVC is a durable plastic also used in the creation and printing of ID cards. A PVC card printer, therefore, can refer to any type of photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
Transferring a design onto an ID card with a PVC card printer can be done in various ways. Some common techniques for printing on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printers use a ribbon that has three main colors that are mixed into any other colors you might need.
The print head is heated and moves over the ink ribbon while printing in a highly precise way, transferring the ink to the card in your desired pattern. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer, this process is called resin thermal transfer.
For a brochure or demonstration of the Badgy Printer, go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Badgy200 by Evolis is the most competitively priced option available.
It’s not necessary to buy a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
This way you can save roughly $600.00, the cost difference between the single-sided and a dual-sided card printer.
This will allow you to save $600, which is a difference between a dual-sided card printer and this single-sided version.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey solution for PC or Mac. Consisting of a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
A free card template library is also available at www.badgy.com that allows you to personalize any template with text, your business’s logo, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Print your badges as you need them, either as single cards or in small batches. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, adding information to your design quickly and easily, and even accounting for variable data printing.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer can create professional-quality, personalized plastic cards that have edge-to-edge printing, all while placing great emphasis on your company’s brand image.
EASE OF USE Simple to get up and running, the Badgy200 is no tougher to work than a printer.
You load the cards in the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software gives you control over the printer from your computer through received notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are simple to install and automatically recognized.
The Badgy200 Printer is very compact, being smaller than a sheet of letter-sized paper, and that means it will fit into practically any workspace at all.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- The Badgy Printer allows you to print your own customized badges in full color whenever you want to. This solution allows for the instant creation of customized secure cards for a wide range of applications.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can print your cards on quality plastic!
- Badgy can print your badges in color, with professional high-quality and in addition to that, any type of badge can be printed; any type you want, where and when you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 is unbelievably simple to install, run and maintain.
- It has a compact, lightweight design that can fit into almost any workspace.
- Badgy200 fulfills all your needs for graphic personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- Badgy200 can fulfill all of your printing card needs when instant card production or graphic personalization is required for single cards or small batches.
- Quickly print out reward or membership cards for customers, IDs for visitors and new employees, and more in rich color.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD that has Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- The software is compatible with Mac and PC operating systems and lets you create personalized badges in minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Get a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize a template by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all the supplies and accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, includes the Badge Studio Plus software, the card template, and the printer drive
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is an affordable solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. This has proven to be a full, all-in-one solution, that, even though it is somewhat out of the box, it’s still great for beginners.
The Badgy System includes:
An extensive online card template library
An extensive online card template library
Consumables such as ink ribbons and plastic cards
All of the card loading and unloading is handled via a simple tray at the front. Card printing, changing ribbons and computer connections are even simpler than the typical printer.
Additionally, the LCD control panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 provides full-color, photographic quality prints covering the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Regardless of how many cards you’re printing, Badgy produces are easy to use, offer top quality results and are incredibly affordable.
You can conserve both electricity and money when using hibernation mode.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview - This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
Also, it prints rapidly, with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever and wherever you need them – individually or as a group! Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges